The Importance of Regular Dental Cleanings
Although many of us know how important oral hygiene is to maintain the freshness of our breath and prevent tooth decay, there may be a few of us who don’t know about the importance of regular dental cleanings from a dentist near you in Roseville, CA.
Even if you think you know why preventative dentistry is a critical component to your overall health, you may still learn a tidbit or two by reading these seven reasons professional cleanings are so important for you and your family:
- Are your teeth looking dull? If so, a dental hygienist will be able to remove the dull coating and provide a whiter smile after just one dental cleaning.
- Professional dental cleaning is the most important thing a patient can do to prevent the onset of gum disease and periodontal disease – the early culprits of unnecessary toot loss.
- You’ll receive a routine oral cancer screening. Why is this important? Recent studies have shown that one person in America will die every hour from this form of cancer. Early detection from a professional trained in oral cancer screening can make a difference in your life!
- The previously mentioned gum disease is also linked to cardiovascular disease and deadly heart attacks. Getting your teeth cleaned twice a year helps reduce this risk. Happy gums equal a happy heart!
- Early identification of loose fillings or small cavities can save time and money down the road if the conditions are treated early.
- If you are paying for dental insurance, most plans cover the cost of cleanings. To not take advantage of this coverage is like throwing money down the drain.
- Annual dental exams and professional dental cleanings can save money in the long run by allowing dental professionals to make cost-effective recommendations in preventative dentistry.
The Bottom Line About Your Oral Health
If you don’t believe dental appointments are essential, then you may be putting your oral health in danger. At Rock Rose Dental, we encourage all Roseville, CA patients to get prompt and regular dental care from professionals with the skills and expertise to make sure your teeth are healthy and beautiful. Call our office now to schedule an appointment with a dentist near you.